October 28, 2021

ParkMapper

Complete News World

At least two people were killed and 19 others were injured in the attack in Jalalabad

Two bombs targeting Taliban security forces vehicles.

A bomb blast near the eastern Afghan city of Jalalabad has killed at least two Taliban and wounded 19 others. On August 30, after twenty years of military presence, these were the first deadly attacks recorded since the last U.S. troops left the country.

Sources say at least two bombs targeted Taliban security forces vehicles. An official from the health department of Nangarhar, the capital of Jalalabad, said three people had been killed and 18 injured. Several local media outlets for their part said at least two people were killed and 19 were injured in the attacks.

A photo taken at the scene and a photo taken by the AFP showed a green police pick-up on top of a white Taliban flag, stopped, twisted hood and shown almost vertically, among various debris.

Jalalabad, the capital of Nangarhar, the main center of the Islamic State group (IS-K) rebels in Afghanistan, was responsible for the bloody attack that killed more than 100 Taliban rivals and at Kabul airport in August. The Taliban came to power in mid-August following the withdrawal of US troops. They pledged to restore peace and security, believing that the end of the Western military presence would put an end to decades of violence that had torn the country apart.

See also – Afghanistan: The Taliban promises to train “all sports”