Joe Simpson is a well-known mountaineer, author, and motivational speaker from the United Kingdom. He was born in Malaysia on August 13, 1960, and grew up in the United Kingdom.
Simpson began mountaineering in his early twenties and is best known for his book “Touching the Void,” which chronicles his terrible survival experience in the Peruvian Andes.
Is Joe Simpson Gay? Is He divorced?
Officials for the pair are disputing accusations that Joe Simpson revealed his sexual orientation to his family two months ago, and we should probably believe them given that the claims were initially published in the National Enquirer.
The following was printed in the paper from a source: “Joe gathered his family approximately two months ago and came out of the closet. He informed them that he’d tried to keep his marriage to Tina going, but he couldn’t do it any longer while denying his desires for guys.”
The formal divorce papers obtained by TMZ make no mention of Joe catching the gay. They state that “discord or conflict of personalities” or sexual inclinations have rendered the marriage unsupportable.
The couple’s spokesman issued the following statement: “There is no third party involved in this amicable breakup… All other charges are entirely false. The family appreciates your consideration for their privacy during this difficult time.”
Joe Simpson’s Mountaineering Profession
Simpson’s climbing career began in his early twenties, and he immediately became known for his daring ascents of difficult Alps and Himalayan peaks.
In 1985, he and his climbing companion Simon Yates attempted the first-ever ascent of the west face of Siula Grande in the Peruvian Andes.
- Is Patrick Mahomes Gay: Is He Gay or Straight?
- DJ Qualls Gay: Actor Admits to Being Gay!
- Is Smokey Robinson Gay? Who Is Robinson?
Joe Simpson Important Facts
- Joe Simpson fractured his left ankle when climbing Pachermo in Nepal with Mal Duff in 1991.
- Simpson wrote about his experience in his third book, ‘This Game of Ghosts,’ which he published and shared.
- Joe’s most recent novel is titled ‘Walking On The Wrong Side Of The Grass’ (2018).
- He is a resident of the Peak District.